I’m pretty much totally in love with coconut oil.
As in, I can eat it with a spoon out of the literal-vat that permanently lives in my pantry.
It’s just too delicious.
Problematically, (or not?) my husband does not share my delight with all-things-coconut-oil. Pfft.
On one hand it’s not a problem (read: more for me), while, on the other, it is a genuine problem (read: more for me).
See my predicament?
And when things taste coconutily-delicious, it’s tough to exert willpower. Remember the coconut-banana bread?? Yeahh, I need you to know that I appreciate you turning a blind eye to the way in which I ravaged that poor little loaf; it really never deserved such a dirty fate…
Clearly I am not one to learn from my mistakes, and I have baked up, yet another, totally delightful coconut dessert: Coconut Oil Oatmeal Cookies.
I’m a glutton for punishment.
In only the very best of ways.
Coconut Oil Oatmeal Cookies
Adapted from The Kitchenarian
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup oats
1 cup shredded coconut
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix together sugar, coconut oil, eggs and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, coconut, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
4. Stir into wet mixture.
5. Roll into balls and place on an un-greased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
6. Bake for 8 – 12 minutes depending on how soft or hard you like your cookies.
Makes 24 cookies.
While you’re at it, you should really probably make this: