2012 has been a rockin’ year:
1. after four (tedious) years, my teaching degree was attained
2. the man and I got hitched
3. I landed a job in my dream field
If that wasn’t enough, as far as momentous events go for one year, I now have another big one to add to the list…
nope. not preggers.
keep the drum ‘a-rollin’…
This weekend, the husbie and I bought a cottage overlooking a lake! Its undeniable cuteness is reminiscent of a gingerbread house; I genuinely feel as though it should have gumdrop trim.
Our very own country house?! Ohhh, yes. I can now raccoon to my heart’s content. I know: these are the things that only dreams are made of. A beautiful getaway in the country, and my very own raccoon-haven. Eek! <3
Since Anthony and I both teach, our summers off will be spent breathing fresh air, running around the lake, going on woodsy-excursions, watching our kitties gallivant through the grasses, chopping wood, and preparing fresh baked goods for my animal-friends.
Oouf. I’m experiencing heart palpitations from over-excitement.
Aside from the raccoons and the candy cane lane, the guest house is fully-equipped with this golden badboy:
So, as an homage to the fresh mint plant(s) that I will inevitably have growing all over my new property, I present to you my celebratory Fresh Mint-Cocoa Bites.
These are chocolatey, minty, and delish beyond-reason. Much like my other energy bites, you’d have no idea that they are full of only good-for-you ingredients. They taste like a real treat.
Trust me, I am a chocolate-mint fanatic. And these are FAB.
My wee masked friends may not get their deft little paws on these; they’re too good to share. Even with my animal-loves.
Fresh Mint-Cocoa Bites
Adapted from Food Doodles
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup walnuts
1 cup dates, soaked in water for 10-15 minutes to soften
1/3-1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 Tbsp agave syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a food processor, process almonds and walnuts until ground finely.
2. Drain the dates and add them to the food processor. Blend until no large whole pieces remain.
3. Add in the mint, cocoa, agave syrup, and vanilla. Process until combined.
4. Turn of the machine and form the mixture into your desired shapes; balls, squares, bars, etc. Wrap or store in a sealed container in the fridge or freezer.
Like this? How about trying my Raw Vegan Cocoa Bites?