My fiancee and I (and our family and friends) are leaving for our destination wedding in, t-minus, 4 weeks.
Is it normal that I am having heart palpitations when I contemplate the walk down the aisle? Sadly, I’m not joking. I lie awake at night thinking about it.
I actually can’t wait to be married. But that slow walk…all eyes staring…it’s stroke-inducing.
I find myself dealing with my stress by exercising, eating, then repeating. This morning I laboured my way through an advanced toning class at the gym then ate fresh mango pancakes.
This evening, I went for a run then plopped myself down on the couch to watch the Next Food Network Star and ate a barrel (well, bowl) of home-popped popcorn and a (cascading) handful of chocolate chips.
Anyway, what I really wanted was this chocolate bark. But, alas, my 3-minute-commercial-break-time-restraints meant that I settled on frozen chipits.
But, this pleasantly-spicy bark would’ve been just the ticket to, momentarily, take my mind off of the imminent traipse down the sun-soaked aisle.
We should all have such problems…
Chocolate Bark (Ginger, Hazelnut, & Coconut)
Chocolate (I used semi-sweet chocolate chips, but you could use any kind of meltable chocolate)
Dried shredded coconut
1. In a double-boiler, melt the chocolate over lightly simmering water. Stir occasionally as it melts. When smooth and melted, remove from the heat.
2. Meanwhile, roughly chop up the candied ginger and the hazelnuts.
3. Pour the melted chocolate onto a piece of wax or parchment paper and smooth it out to your desired thickness.
4. Sprinkle with the chopped candied ginger, hazelnuts, and shredded coconut.
5. Place the chocolate bark in the fridge until it is set.
6. Break into pieces and enjoy!
This bark could pretty much single-handedly cure all of life’s emotional ailments.
Another delish flavour combo?? Almond, dried cranberry, and chocolate pieces.